Collect Past Due
- From the LP3 Main Menu Screen, click on the yellow Collect Account Menu at the top.
- Under the Accounts Worked Today section, it will show accounts Current, 1 Month, 2 Month, 3 Month, 4 Month, 5 Month and Totals
- At the bottom of each Month section, in red, it will show todays collection percentage of the accounts. The 0/50 0% as an example means 0 of the 50 accounts have been collected for the day so the percentage collected for the day is 0%
- To start the collection process, under Basic Option start alphabetically File AD, Record 1, Direction forward and chose the month you want to work.
- Click Work Basic Option button to begin the collecting on past due accounts process.
- The Customer Account Screen will open with the first of the Accounts in the month past due, chosen to collect on.
- When you call a past due account, it is important to get a promise to pay date. It’s a day and time the customer has made a commitment to come in and pay.
- The Contact button will open the Contact screen. When you call a customer and they answer and give you a promise to pay date. In the Contact Button Screen enter the Code, Date and any notes.
- Entering a calendar date means there was a promise to pay and will show up green in the collections list on the Customer Account screen. Anything without a date like a note you left a message will show up in black. Items in green will not show back up in collections until the promise to pay date was not made.
- Continue through each of the past due accounts by selecting Next Record button at the bottom.
- As you get through several accounts, go back and look at the Collect Account Screen and you will see the percentages of worked accounts is counting up.
- 100% of past due accounts should be collected on every day until a commitment to pay is made or broken and a new commitment to pay has been setup.
- When finished, exit all screens back to the LP3 Main Menu